Electrical Technology Training
The Electrical Technology degree program trains students for entry-level careers in the electrical industry. Some of the diverse careers open to graduates are construction electricians, maintenance electricians, power system technicians, electrical relay technicians, electrical research technicians, electrical distribution sales, electro-mechanical technicians, electrical technical support, and as an entry level controls engineer.
Electrician Program Outcomes:
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Identify, define, and analyze:
- Fundamental principles of electrical circuitry and processes
- Electrical industry materials, tools and equipment
- Research Electrical industry standards for installation criteria and safety considerations.
- Function as a team member to install, maintain and troubleshoot residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communications using correct technical terminology with supervisors, co-workers, clients, and suppliers.
- Perform tasks and duties in a “safe and workmanlike manner" with regards to legal obligations applicable to the electrical industry.
- Demonstrate attitudes, values, and behaviors congruent with electrical industry standards and ethics.
About New England Institute of Technology
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- Hands-on Training
- Day or Evening Classes
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify / Ask about our Military and Veterans benefits
- Career Planning Assistance
- Housing Assistance
Financial Aid (for those who qualify):
- Non-repayable grants
- Work-study programs
- Student Loans
- Our own tuition payment plan
- Military and Veterans Benefits
One New England Tech Boulevard
New England Institute of Technology is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE). http://www.neit.edu/About-Us/Public-Disclosure